Blog

Creatine's Benefits For Your Gym Routine

Benefit from adding creatine monohydrate to your routine and get the results you want
Creatine's Benefits For Your Gym Routine

Creatine is your new best friend in the gym. If you’re thinking of adding the best supplement possible to your routine to help build muscle and get the most out of your training session, turn to creatine monohydrate. Having been extensively researched for years, it is a safe and extremely beneficial option to help you pack more of a punch in the gym. To get to know how to supplement creatine into your routine, let’s look at the benefits, how to use and more. 


What is creatine monohydrate?

Before people go using supplements, it can feel daunting to put a “foreign substance” into your body- but never fear- creatine is already a naturally occurring substance in your muscle cells. Creatine is also found in some common food sources such as red meat and some types of seafood. It helps your muscles work more effectively to enhance energy production as well as increase power output when you’re using them. To get down to scientific terms, creatine is similar to amino acids and can be produced from the amino acids glycine and arginine. 

95% of your body’s creatine is stored in your muscles and the other 5% is stored in the brain, kidneys, and liver. When you supplement with creatine you’re increasing your bodies production of phosphocreatine. As a result of this, your body can more efficiently convert ADP (adenosine diphosphate) back to ATP (adenosine triphosphate) which in short will provide you with newly generated energy stores ready for your next set.

How does creatine work

The benefits of creatine in your supplement routine

Increased workload: Creatine helps your muscles work harder during a training session so you can lift more, run further, and increase muscle growth each workout. 

Increased cell hydration: Increases water content within your muscle cells creating a cell volumization environment, which leads to more effective muscle growth. Note: This increase in water store can not be noticed externally as it occurs within the muscle cell and not beneath the skin. 

Reduced protein breakdown: Can contribute to increased muscle mass through improved performance and recovery. 

Reduction in mental fatigue: Creatine keeps working for you well after your workout too. With some cases of use helping to boost cognitive performance and memory. 

Anaerobic running capacity: Creatine has been documented to effectively increase stamina and performance in distance running. 

How much creatine should you take?

  • Men: 5g 
  • Women: 2.5g

When using creatine, consistency is key! For the best results, using it daily is the best way to go, and a loading or de-loading phase is not recommended. 

When to take your daily dose of creatine is entirely up to you. It all depends on your personal routine with the gym, work, and other daily activities. You can take it before a workout, after a workout, or even in a daily shake or smoothie.

There are no miracles with creatine. It isn’t a magic substance that will make your whole world better or make you shredded or instantly stronger after one use. Just like everything else that has to do with health and results in the gym, it takes time and is about consistency. 

Try Muscle Nations Creatine Monohydrate and see the results

Creatine is one of the most cost effective ways to build muscle, increase strength and improve endurance in your training sessions. It has a multitude of benefits that will only do good, not only for your body, but for your mind too. 

Muscle Nation’s Creatine Monohydrate is one of the most studied and most effective creatine supplements on the market, and with an unflavoured option, you can add it to just about any drink during the day. Get the results you want using creatine and start seeing a positive change in your physical and mental performance. 

Creatine