4 sets, 5 reps, 1 x AMRAP
Cues- Keep your shoulder blades retracted and pressed firmly into the bench.
- Take a deep breath and engage your core for stability.
- Lower the barbell slowly and in a controlled manner towards your mid-chest.
- Keep your elbows at a 45-degree angle relative to your body.
3 sets, 10-12 reps, 1 x AMRAP
Cues- Avoid swinging or using momentum to perform the exercise.
- Keep your body upright, and don't lean too far forward or backward.
- Focus on the mind-muscle connection, feeling the targeted muscles (triceps, chest, shoulders) engage throughout the movement.
- Perform the exercise in a controlled and deliberate manner.
Hammer Strength Row
3 sets, 8 reps
- Lower the handles until your arms are fully extended, allowing your shoulder blades to stretch at the bottom of the movement.
- Pull the handles all the way into your torso, contracting your back muscles fully at the top of the movement.
Lateral Pull Down
3 sets, 6 - 10 reps
Cues- Pull the bar down until it reaches your upper chest or touches the top of your chest.
- At the bottom of the movement, your lats should be fully contracted.
- Keep your body stable during the exercise and avoid using momentum to swing the bar down.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together as you perform the pull to engage your back muscles effectively.