Barbell Back Squats
10, 8 warm up - 1x1 top set -3x6 backdown
- Step back from the rack and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Engage your core muscles and keep your back straight as you prepare to descend.
- Initiate the squat by bending at your hips and knees, pushing your hips back and lowering your body down. Keep your chest up and your knees aligned with your toes.
- Push through your heels to stand back up, extending your hips and knees simultaneously. Keep the barbell stable on your upper back and maintain proper form as you rise.
3 sets, 3 reps
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, the barbell over the middle of your feet. Your shins should be almost touching the barbell. Grip the barbell with hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, palms facing you or mixed.
- Bend at your hips and knees to lower your body, keeping your back straight and your chest lifted. Engage your core muscles to maintain stability.
- Push through your heels and straighten your hips and knees simultaneously, lifting the barbell off the ground. Keep the barbell close to your body as you stand up, focusing on using your legs and hips to power the movement.
45 Degree Back Extension Glute Focus (GHD)
4 sets, 8 reps
- Set up on the GHD machine with upper thighs on the pad and ankles secured.
- Engage your core and focus on squeezing your glutes.
- Lower your upper body while hinging at your hips, then raise it back up using your glutes. Remember to control the movement and use proper form.
4 sets, 12 -15 reps
- Adjust the leg extension machine to your body. Sit down and position your lower legs under the padded lever, just above your ankles.
- Exhale and straighten your legs by extending your knees.
- Push against the resistance of the machine using your quadriceps muscles. Hold the fully extended position briefly, then slowly lower the weight back down as you inhale.
Machine Calf Raise
3 sets, 8 -15 reps
- Adjust the calf raise machine to fit your body. Position your shoulders under the padded lever and place your toes on the footplate, letting your heels hang off the edge.
- Activate your core muscles by drawing your navel toward your spine.
- Push through the balls of your feet, lifting your heels as high as possible. Elevate your heels by contracting your calf muscles.