A1: Barbell Hip Thrust
5 sets, 5 reps
- Chin should be slightly tucked, abs tight and glutes engaged (squeeze your buttocks throughout the whole range of motion).
- Drive through your feet, pushing your hips as hard as you can through the bar.
- Avoiding arching through your lower back and/ or throwing your head backwards
B1. Bulgarian Split Squat
4 sets, 10 reps (last set drop set to failure)
- Drive through your front foot, focusing on pushing the ground away from you.
- Your torso should remain neutral or slightly leaned forward allowing the knee to track forward without the heel lifting off the ground.
- Bend your front knee and sit into the hole thinking about bringing the hips straight up and down as if they’re on a string.
C1. Barbell Good Mornings
4 sets, 8 reps
- Stand with your feet hip width apart and turn your toes out slightly.
- Bend your knees just a little bit, squeeze your shoulder blades back and down and brace with your core.
- Keeping your knees and that same slightly bent angle, hinge from your hips only, pushing your bum backwards and keeping your spine in a neutral position.
C2. 45 Degree Back (Hyper) Extensions
4 sets, 15 reps (last set drop set to failure)
- Arms crossed and you’re standing with your body in line, bend your waist and lower your torso to the floor, pushing down through your heels & squeezing up through your glutes.
- At a 90 degree angle, squeeze your glutes as hard as you can, lift your torso back to the starting position & repeat.
- Control each rep to ensure you are not just throwing yourself around.
D1. Leg Press (High & Wide Leg Placement)
3 sets, 15-20 reps
- Place the feet on the plate with a foot position that is a little bit wider than your normal squat stance position.
- Simply soften the knees and allow the leg press sled to slowly come towards you with a controlled speed.
- As the weight is descending focus on keeping your hips down and compressing your lower back against the back rest of the machine
E. Quad Focused Step Ups
3 sets, 15-20 reps each leg
- Push down through your heel whilst driving your knee forwards & outwards.
- Remember to keep all the tension running through your working leg during this exercise.
- Bring your non working leg forwards, but don’t bounce off it.