3 sets, 12 reps
- Lift one leg directly out to the side, keeping it straight or slightly bent at the knee.
- Engage your outer hip muscles to lift the leg.
- Control the movement on the way down to work the muscles eccentrically.
Cable Kick Back
3 sets, 12 each leg
- Initiate the movement by extending your hip and kicking your cuffed leg straight back.
- Extend your hip until your leg is in line with your body or slightly higher, emphasising the glute contraction.
- Keep your back straight and avoid arching your lower back excessively.
Romanian Deadlift (RDL)
3 sets, 10-12 reps
- Initiate the movement by pushing your hips back while keeping a soft bend in your knees.
- Lower the weight until you feel a stretch in your hamstrings. The movement occurs at the hips, not the lower back.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top of the movement to fully engage the hip extensors.
4 sets, 10 reps
- Sit on the ground with your upper back against a sturdy bench or elevated surface.
- Drive through your heels to lift your hips toward the ceiling.
- Lower your hips back down in a controlled manner until they lightly touch the ground.
3 sets, AMRAP
- Maintain a neutral spine throughout the movement to protect your lower back.
- Hinge at your hips to lower your upper body toward the ground while keeping your back straight.
- As you lift your upper body, engage your lower back muscles and squeeze your glutes at the top of the movement.