A. Heel Elevated Front Squats
5 sets, 5 reps
- Heels elevated, assume a front rack position with your heels elevated, with your elbows up whilst holding onto the bar.
- Position your chest up whilst holding your upper back tight.
- Squat down whilst driving your knees out. As you come up, push up with your legs through the ground.
B. Goblet Squats
3 sets, 20 reps
- Starting with your heels elevated, hold your arms locked into your chest while holding a dumbell in a vertical position.
- Keep your elbows inside the lines of your knees, with your heels pressed firmly against the plate.
- Complete each rep focusing on technique instead of speed. For extra tension, slow the negative portion of the movement with a 5 second count.
C1. Single Leg Press
4 sets, 12-15 reps
- Sit on the machine with your back and head resting comfortably against the padded support, place your feet on the footplate and in line with your hips.
- Slowly bend your knee and bring the weight down towards your body. At the bottom of the movement start driving and pushing through your foot moving the weight back up.
- Complete the reps at a slow pace, focusing on lengthening your hamstrings/glutes as you come down while keeping tension on every rep.
- Each leg push out against the pad until your leg is straight, lifting the weight.
- Squeeze your quads as you reach full-extension
- Allow the weight to come down and back to your starting position, then continue until you have completed all reps.
D. Seated Single Leg Calf Raise
3 sets, 15 reps
- Lift your heel as high as you can.
- Pause at the top of the rep for a moment and squeeze (concentrate on contracting and squeezing your calf)